Sunday, September 2, 2007

The Special Enrollment Examination

Friday morning, I passed the first section of the Special Enrollment Exam (SEE) required to become an enrolled agent with the IRS. If I pass all three parts and complete the ethics check and some other forms, I will be able to speak for people to the IRS. I'm not sure I want to talk to the IRS, but I want to know I can pass this test.

The first part in on Individual taxation, which includes trusts, estates, annuities & IRAs. I'm glad to get through it and am ready to move on to Business taxes. A couple of years ago, I took the exam and passed the section on corporate taxes, but this test will include partnerships, which I didn't pass. And so I will spend the next week reading about partnerships, reviewing corporated tax rules and thinking happy thoughts. I'll take part two this Friday and part three the next Friday. Part three is ethics and stuff, which I hope I understand.

As far as posts go, this is terribly boring, but it is what is on my mind right now. Overshadowing baby Gabe, who with his parents, is staying with us this week. Overshadowing the charter middle school we are developing. Overshadowing the house that needs to be cleaned, the yard that needs to be mowed and the garden that needs to be prepared. Overshadowing the blog that wants to be written.

And on we go...

No comments: