Saturday, May 16, 2009

8 things

Eight is my bestest number, & so when I saw the "8 things" meme floating around, I thought I'd better grab it. I am technically grabbing it from Martha at A Sense of Humor is Essential, since she put it on her buffet. She always has nice things on her buffet, so I encourage you to check it out. (Save the macaroni & cheese for me.)

FYI: I am singing the Schoolhouse Rock song as I write. "If you skate, it would be great, if you could make a figure 8!!!"

8 things I'm looking forward to:
  1. the trip to Hilton Head in early June
  2. the trip to Washington in late June
  3. my children having jobs they love, families they love, houses they love... lives they love and that love them back
  4. Bob having a job he loves (he has the rest)
  5. Carolina School for Inquiry 6th grade
  6. summer break for Mark
  7. making a sand castle with Gabe & Brendon
  8. pottery class in July

(This was really hard to do. What do you suppose that means?)

8 things I did yesterday:
  1. wrote a blog post
  2. went to lunch with my sister
  3. read a book
  4. changed the sheets (Yay me!)
  5. played with Gabe & Brendon
  6. talked to my kids
  7. tried to figure out my Blackberry (this explains huge gaping holes in my time yesterday... I think. Either that or I had a stroke.)
  8. visited my dad, sister, & bro-in-law

(Not a really productive day, although it was a good one.)

8 things I wish I could do:
  1. Help start a Padeia/inquiry middle school (preferably magnet.. charter is hard)
  2. Sing... not just this "joyful noise" crap
  3. Dance... without having people try to stick an eraser in my mouth
  4. Make beautiful pots on a wheel
  5. See my belly button
  6. Write a novel.. a story.. a something interesting
  7. Commit to my garden
  8. Talk to people without fainting, or feeling like I'm about to faint or cry
8 favorite fruits:
  1. green grapes
  2. pineapple
  3. perfect strawberries
  4. blueberries
  5. peaches so ripe you have to eat them over the sink
  6. oranges in winter
  7. bananas each and every day (I even like fake banana Popsicles... go figure.)
  8. watermelon in July

(The hard part about this was limiting it to eight.)

8 places I would like to travel:
  1. New Mexico - we went three years ago and fell in love. I'd like to explore more.
  2. Greece
  3. Ireland
  4. Alaska
  5. On a train across Canada
  6. Australia
  7. Kenya
  8. India

(I would like to work on an archaeological dig. I suspect I would be miserable, but it is something I've wanted to do for a long time. I blame Elizabeth Peters' novels.)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

what a great list!

Martha@A Sense of Humor is Essential said...

Thanks for playing along. I would like to go on an archeological dig too!!

Kim said...

Great list. I always wanted to be on a dig. I think learning about others by what we pull out of the ground is fascinating.

Anonymous said...

Yes to Ireland! Actually all of those places. I too wish I had the dancing gene.