Which brings us to the first award:
My assignment is to list 7 things about me that are awesome. This may take time, since the only thing awesome about me at the moment is the size of the bags under my eyes. However, anyone who has as many great friends, virtual & IRL, must have something good going on. My friends aren't stupid. (Mostly).
- I can explain taxes and most accounting issues to regular people without any of us crying. Most of the time. And if they cry, it's not my fault. Usually.
- I can entertain two year olds with empty coffee containers and ball. (The trick: one for each, so you don't hear the dreaded "m" word --- MINE!)
- I seem to be able to say to be a bridge between people of different points of view and personality.
- I can often calm overwrought and overexcited people trying to operate in crisis mode. This is purely selfish --- if I get in crisis mode, I OD on adrenaline and can't do anything useful.
- I can write pretty gooder English.
- I talk to kids without talking down to them. I only use baby talk with babies who don't talk yet. Or my husband when I want to irritate him.
- I make a really yummy carrot cake with cream cheese icing. Oh, and the pumpkin cheesecake is great too.
The second award:
Isn't that pretty?
I get to pass this on to 10 bloggers I've recently discovered. Well, some are recent and some I've been reading a little while. I'm just getting into exploring all of the great blogs. It's amazing to me that there are people all over the world to whom I can relate. Either they think like me & I say "Wow, separated at birth!", or they don't think like me & I say, "Wow, I hadn't looked at it that way before!" Or both. And most of these folk I've just recently discovered don't know me from Adam's off ox, since 1) I don't comment regularly & 2) they have boat loads of followers. But that's cool. An award is an award, and I hope they enjoy it.
- Pseudonymous High School Teacher I used to teach high school, but then I realized I was mistaken about my calling. The caller must have been telling someone standing behind me to teach high school. I just start them up and leave it to the professionals to run.
- Ramblings of a Texas Housewife I found Nessa through Lynette, who was one of the first bloggers I followed.
- Not Your Average Soccer Mom Brandy participates in Blog Fart Fridays. What's not to love?
- Winsome Blog Get some culture. Have you ever heard a poem that just shifted your view (I didn't say paradigm) point enough that the world is clearer and fresher?
- Eating the Angel Way New blog,
oldveteran blogger. And when she says "eat a rainbow" she does not mean Skittles. I tried that joke.
- Holy Mackerel Who knew Canadians were funny? Well, I suppose a lot of people... but not me.
- Cinnamon, Spice & Everything Nice What's for dinner?
- My Brown Baby Interesting reviews, outlooks, ideas no matter what color your baby is. Even if your baby is ginger, hairy, and eats your boots.
- The me that I am Nice, friendly, thoughtful.