Sunday, April 19, 2009

Sunday morning

This is the time of year when I am overwhelmed with thinking about all of the things I want to do, need to do, should do... I've put off a lot of things until "after tax season" and now it's here.

Typically, I over scheduled Friday, but I had a productive day.

I went to Carolina School for Inquiry for an extended visit. Fortunately, the school is strong, thanks in large part to the excellent director. However, there are things we need to face, mostly budget crunches. As a public charter school, our funding is per pupil from the state and the school district. No bonds, no building funds, just per pupil. That is being cut even as we speak, since our governor is the smartest man in the world and doesn't think our state needs stimulus money, even if we as taxpayers will be providing it to the states that do take it. We hope that some of those cuts will be replaced, but even then, if the economy is bad, the problem will continue. We are just beginning to seek grants and things on a large scale, and of course, those are drying up too. Parents and teachers need to understand that although we are public, we are different in that they have agreed to take responsibility as well as the benefits of running a school. We need to pitch in and help, we need to make sacrifices, we need to do whatever needs to be done to continue

I have stumbled out of the haze of Tax Season, and realized that my house is really a mess. Really. Right now I'm just cleaning the top layer. Soon I'll need to do more. I saw a bug killing company that claims to be green. I may try that. I need to get rid of these bugs, and they like the Orkin stuff. Whatever we choose, we'll have to clean everything out afterwards. Oh joy.

There are other little things and big things I'm thinking about right now. I need to find my direction. I feel that it's time to make some changes, but I don't know what. I'm sort of drifting and thinking and listening, fixin' to get ready to move ... somehow. We'll see. I'm sure I'll be babbling on about that for awhile.

2 comments:

Martha@A Sense of Humor is Essential said...

Sending you peace and clarity as you recover from tax season.
I hope things work out w/the school.

Unknown said...

just remember how you eat an elephant.. one bite at a time! dont forget to breathe and remember the angels are with you!!!! xoxox..... annie