Wednesday, April 28, 2010

All or nothing

I'm an all or nothing kind of girl.  I tend to dive into something with great enthusiasm, then decide to think about it for awhile, or maybe make an excel chart or something...

I have walked two days in a row.  Bob and I walked about 30 minutes each day.  I promise, it was ALL uphill.  What's with that?  If burning butt muscles means they are getting strong and firm, I'm well on the way to having a butt.  We can only hope and keep tromping.

Bob has been pretty good about not leaving me in the dirt as I toddle along with him.  He even pulls me up the hills when they get really bad.  Mostly, he encourages me.  Sometimes he decides to talk politics, which pisses me off, but I suppose it raises my heart rate.

I have made better food choices.  Two days, what can I say?

I am using the 15 minute timer thingy to get myself cleaning.  Monday I only cleaned about 30 minutes total, and yesterday I had to go to work even though it's my day off.  But today, I'm going to set the timer as soon as I finish this ramble.

Mark left for a school field trip this morning.  They are going to a CSI camp --- Crime Scene Investigation without the blood spatter.  They will learn how to observe and measure and do cool stuff.  I'm glad he's able to do this.

Friday, Bob, Mark, Roslyn & I go to Kanuga, an Episcopalian retreat center.  We are going to have a great time.  It's in the mountains, so I plan to work on my burning butt muscles.  It will be too cold to swim, but there is a lake and maybe I'll get to canoe or kayak.  That's one of those things I like in theory more than fact.  I guess it would be good to work on my flabby back and arm muscles too.  And I hear the food is marvelous!  I'll try to pick veggies and fruit.

Speaking of which... time to make a smoothie.  I have some locally grown strawberries that really didn't want to be picked.  Now I need to use them before they go bad.

1 comment:

Kim said...

Keep up the good work. You sound so like me. I keep falling off the exercise wagon (or is it treadmill) and trying to get myself back on.