I have decided that I am not good at long term goals. I have decided that is OK. So, after 48 years of thought, these are my resolutions/goals for January.
1) Be kind and patient, even with the stress of tax season. Do not roll eyes at clients, employees, my boss, my husband, my children, board members, parents, grocery store clerks, or anyone else who is watching.
2) Walk at least 4 times. I know this doesn't seem like a lot, but with tax season & closing the books at the church, I won't have a lot of time, even for things that are good for me. And four times is better than what I did in December: 0.
3) Eat a good breakfast every day.
4) Take my medication every day.
5) Continue to write, in the blogs or my journal (theoretical as it is) or even a story.
6) Read for pleasure and information. Not necessarily at the same time. (This is sort of a softball goal, like "breath every day.")
7) Have lunch out with someone at least once in the month, tax season or not.
8) Get both female cats spayed. SOON. Tomorrow. Yesterday. NOW.
I'll leave it there, since eight is my favorite number. I wonder if I should print this out and stick it on posty notes?