Saturday, March 7, 2009

I can see clearly now...

The sun is shining and the birds are singing and the weeds are flowering. I have to work this morning, but the "day off" Thursday has made me feel sooooo much better.

Even though I spent most of Thursday at St. Michael's catching up the bookkeeping and didn't get around to the REST OF THE LIST, I feel wonderful. I quit the St. Michael's job, but somehow managed to get on at least one volunteer committee. My sister rolled her eyes. (It was on the phone, but I could tell.) "Kathy, only you would quit a paying job because of overwork and take on a nonpaying job in its place." Yep. It's so much easier to work if there is no money involved. And I'm not really on the committee... yet.

I went back to my regular job to a pile of ... well, you know. But my attitude was so much better that I managed to sort through the previous day's crap in about an hour and breeze through two large tax returns and a mega payroll without crying once. And if my prayers sounded like, "Oh for God's sake, what were they thinking?" well... at least I smiled a little as I said it.

Today after work we are going to an oyster roast at Bob's cousin's house. I am really looking forward to this. I hope my oldest son and his wife and kids can come too. Bob's cousin lives in a wooded area, and baby Gabe would LOVE to run up and down the hills.

And now I'm off...

1 comment:

Kim said...

I'm glad your day off helped. Have a great time at the oyster roast.